What is Middlemac?
Middlemac is a help building system for macOS applications. It takes all of the frustration out of configuring Apple Helpbooks so that they work properly with your macOS applications.
- Multiple Targets
- Use a single code-base to generate Apple Helpbooks with content specific to each version of your application.
- Multiple Features Support
- Similar to targets, multiple features support gives you much more fine-grained control over the content that appears in your Helpbooks.
- Uses Proven Technologies
- Middlemac is powered by Middleman, the static website generator behind hundreds of websites and blogs. It’s further powered by the huge ecosystem provided by Ruby-on-Rails. But don’t worry, Middlemac insulates you from the vast majority of this.
- Although you have to be on a Mac to build the final product so that the Apple help indexer can run, you can do the bulk of your help file development on both Mac and Linux, and other platforms that Ruby supports.
- Production Ready
- Middlemac was developed to build the help system for all three versions of Balthisar Tidy.
- And of course, Middlemac is free and open source software.