This release fixes a crashing issue on Mac OS X 10.10! We sincerely hope that all of our Mac OS X 10.10 users will pardon us for the less than thorough testing before we released Balthisar Tidy 3.5.0. This version fixes the crash on launch issue that you’ve been experiencing.
Upgrade from one of the three usual sources:
- Balthisar Tidy 3.6.0 (App Store)
- Balthisar Tidy for Work 3.6.0 (App Store)
- Balthisar Tidy 3.6.0 (from this website)
Because this isn’t just a mere point upgrade, users on all versions of Mac OS X gain a lot more than a simple bug fix; this version brings a lot of productivity enhancements to Balthisar Tidy and Balthisar Tidy for Work.
Version 3.6 is the result of picking a lot of low-hanging fruit, things that are minor and fairly simple to implement, but yet make large differences in users’ productivity. You can view the full changelog here, but these are the major highlights:
- You can now filter Tidy Messages by message type.
- You can transpose the Tidy HTML directly into the Source HTML panel via the new Transpose command in the Edit menu (or just use its shortcut).
- Completely and totally updated other aspects of the Edit menu in order to make Balthisar Tidy a much more capable text editor.
- If you like, you can export the text present in the Source HTML panel.
- Balthisar Tidy for Work users can now import command line HTML Tidy configurations.
tabkey is now reassigned for text editing rather than tabbing in and out of the Source HTML editor.
- A new Preference controls whether or not new, Untitled documents are created when Balthisar Tidy is launched or activated without an already-opened document.