This upgrade corrects several non-serious issues with 1.0.1 as well as adds some enhancements.
- Keyboard shortcuts! You can cycle through the values in nearly every option with the left and right cursor keys while the options list is focused.
- Now works with nearly any file type and extension.
- First-run helper reworked to prevent annoying its users.
- Auto-size the description for items in the list of Tidy options.
- Description can be hidden or shown.
- Changes to many of the Tidy options descriptions.
- Pretty, styled descriptions of the Tidy options to increase legibility.
- Removed extraneous menu items in the application menus.
- Prevent automatic text substitutions in source editor.
- Tidy properly Tidy’s new, blank documents.
- Pasting into a new, blank document now properly Tidy’s immediately.
- Fixed a crash related to messages table when a change to the HTML source fixes an error but doesn’t cause the Tidy’d document to change.
- Fixed an issue where messages table didn’t update after saving a file.
- New default font in editor views.
- Existing preferences will be lost. Sorry, this is a one time occurrence. We changed a 12 year old preferences system into a modern one. We hope that a little bit of change after 12 years is acceptable.
It’s live on the site now; visit http://www.balthisar.com/software/tidy to get the latest copy.
If you’re already using Balthisar Tidy, then it should ask you to auto-update itself next time you use it.
And the update has been submitted to the App Store. If everything goes as expected, it should be available in just a few days.